Leuven Statistics Research Centre (LStat)
Leuven Statistics Research Centre (LStat) emanated in 2007 from the University Centre for Statistics (UCS) that was itself created in 1988. It is a collaborative network of all statistics units within the university, and aims at excellent output in the fields of research, education and consulting.
LStat hosts international experts and is a stimulating environment for multidisciplinary statistical research. Current focus research lines are:
- Multivariate Correlated Data Analysis
- Heterogeneity, Dependencies, Associations and Dynamics
- Flexible Modelling and Generalised Regression
As university wide network LStat is a privileged meeting space for statistics researchers from a range of domains:
- Social, Behavioural and Educational Statistics
- Business and Industrial Statistics
- Statistical Methodology
Master of Science in Statistics
Our Master of Science in Statistics programme is an international study programme. It offers an education in statistics at high scientific level, in a range of options leading to challenging job-fields and supported by our research activities. Each option offers a methodological and an applied line.
Consult and training
Consulting and Training was our historical embryo and remains a core business. We cover
- Statistical support for researchers in the university and in external labs
- Execution of projects for government and industry, in service or in partnership
- Short courses, and in-house courses on demand.